How to track visits for PDF

I want to track how many users landed on my PDF page in google analytics.Can you please help me out ASAP.

where is your pdf located ? is it placed on a URL or is it available for download ?

It is placed in url Example :

In Google Analytics
Go to Behavior > Site Content > All Pages
then browse the page by choosing the desired no. of results by Show rows on the bottom right if you are not able to track the pdf url in top10 & do select the desired date range

my pdf links are not tracked in Go to Behavior > Site Content > All Pages i checked it.but i got good number of visits on that page but it is not available there.

Hi Angel,

Unlike your other HTML pages, the pdf link doesn’t contain GA tracking code and that is the reason why it is not being tracked by Google Analytics. To tackle this problem, you can follow this approach:

Edit the link to the pdf so that it looks something like:

< a href=“” onclick="_gaq.push([’_trackPageview’, ‘/mypdfs/trackpdf.pdf’]);" target="_blank">PDF< /a>

Let me know if you still face an issue.

Hello @Angel you can add GA code only on those your owned domains not on other sites, which you don’t owned.

Other members told you right way to track page views but only when you owned the site.

Thanks @rohitkumar . You are right, i implemented the same.

@Shanks I’m glad this helped you!